Citrus Park Upper Tampa Bay Trail (Ballyhoo Grill)
7604 Erlich Road, Tampa, FL 33626. The Upper Tampa Bay Trail (UTB Trail) is an asphalt jogging trail that hits Erlich Road just east of Gunn Highway. You can park either in the Ballyhoo Grill parking lot (just to the west of the UTB Trail) or in the free parking lot behind Citrus Computers to the east of the UTB Trail. Both parking lots are south of Erlich Road.
Lutz Lake Fern Road UTB Trail
7020 Lutz Lake Fern Road, Odessa, FL. Take Veterans Expressway to Lutz Lake Fern Road exit, and go west. After slightly more than one mile, you will see the trailhead on the south side of the road. There are bathrooms, water coolers, and plenty of parking.
The Running Center
14308 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33618. Located on the west side of Dale Mabry between Ehrlich/Bearss and North Village Drive in Carrollwood.
Flatwoods Running Trail
7643 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33647. Take I-75 to Bruce B Downs and go east. When you hit Highwoods Preserve Parkway, turn right towards The Home Depot and 7/11. Once you hit the “T” intersection at The Home Depot, turn left and follow it all the way back into the Chili’s parking lot. We park and meet right in front of the entrance to Chili’s.
5354 Northdale Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33624. CAUTION: When driving west on Northdale Blvd. from Dale Mabry, the road will split before you get to the golf course, with “Northdale Blvd.” going straight (west) and “Northdale Blvd.” going to the right (north). Take the Northdale Blvd. to the right (north) when it splits. Once you see Forestlake Dr. on your right, take your next right into the “Northdale Dolphins Football” parking lot. This is the southern-most point of the Northdale Lake Park Trail (a paved jogging trail).
Clearwater Causeway (Ben T. Davis Beach Parking Lot)
Wilderness Park/Morris Bridge
12651 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33637. Starting at the intersection of I-75 and Fletcher/Morris Bridge Road, go east on Morris Bridge Road for a very short distance (maybe half of a mile). As the road starts to veer left, you will see a white dirt road off to the right with a small green county park sign (“Wilderness Park”) — turn right onto that white shell road, and head all the way back to the parking spaces. You will need to bring $2 for the pay envelopes.
Babe Zaharias Golf Course
11412 Forest Hills Dr, Tampa, FL 33612. We meet in the clubhouse/pro shop parking lot.
Meet in Curtis Hixon Park (600 N Ashley Dr, Tampa, FL 33602). Maps of where we meet can be found below. Park on the streets nearby, or in the William Poe Parking Garage that is adjacent to the park.
Holloway Park (Lakeland)
3050 Lakeland Highlands Rd., Lakeland, FL 33803. There are two parking lots for the park, one on the west side and one on the east side. The East Lot is the one we typically use for practice, and the West Lot is typically used for meets:
- EAST LOT: Take I-4 East to Polk Parkway/SR-570 (Interstate Exit 27) – please note that this is a toll road. Take the exit for US 98 (Parkway Exit 10) and turn left on to US 98 North. In one mile, turn left onto Holloway Park Drive — drive carefully, as there is very little signage and no traffic light for this intersection. You will drive right into the parking lot after a short distance.
- WEST LOT: Take I-4 East to Polk Parkway/SR-570 (Interstate Exit 27) – please note that this is a toll road. Take the exit for Lakeland Highlands Rd. (Parkway Exit 9) and go north/left onto Lakeland Highlands Rd. Park entrance is up a short way on the right (1 mile or so) — drive carefully, as there is very little signage and no traffic light for this intersection.
Ocala/Florida Horse Park
11008 County Road 475, Ocala, FL 34480. You should be able to put that address in your iPhone and get directions, but here is an easy way to get there:
- Take Interstate 75 North to exit 341 (County Hwy 484). Turn right off of the exit ramp onto Hwy 484 (also called SW 135th Street).
- Drive 2.2 miles to County Road 475 North (also called South Highway 475) and turn left (north).
- Drive 2 miles —Entrance will be on the left.
Lecanto High School & Middle School
3810 W. Educational Path, Lecanto, FL 34461. Take the Veterans Expressway/Suncoast Parkway (FL-589) all the way north to where it ends at US-98. Take US-98 South for three or so miles to County Road 491/Citrus Way and turn left (go north). Take County Road 491 for thirteen miles to West Educational Path and turn left into the Lecanto schools complex. The high school and middle school are next to each other.
There are two addresses you can use in your GPS/iPhone:
- NORTH ENTRANCE: Chain of Lakes Park, 2300 Truman Scarborough Way, Titusville, FL 32796
- SOUTH ENTRANCE: Eastern Florida State College (formerly known as Brevard Community College), 1311 N US Highway 1, Titusville, FL 32796
Disney’s Wide World of Sports
700 South Victory Way, Kissimmee, FL 34747. You can get off at any of the Disney exits and follow the signs to ESPN Wide World of Sports, but here’s one way: Take I-4 West to Exit 65 (Osceola Parkway). Off the ramp, take the right at the fork to head east towards Disney World/Animal Kingdom. Go a little over a mile, and take a left on South Victory Way. The parking lot and complex will be down on your right.